Looking Back at 2023
2023 was a year of significant progress and innovation for The Institute. In June we bid farewell to our outgoing Chair, Phil Coole, and welcomed Tracey Iles as the new Chair. We have since launched a new website, designed to enhance your experience and provide easy access to our resources and events. We also introduced new membership grades, expanding our community and tailoring our offerings to diverse professional needs, including young professionals and a global audience.
Our webinar series was a resounding success, covering a range of pertinent topics in financial crime prevention. These sessions provided valuable insights and fostered engaging discussions among professionals.
A major highlight was the introduction of the Code of Conduct, a cornerstone in our commitment to ethical practices and professional excellence. Our new resources section on the website, including practical checklists and tools, has also been instrumental in supporting your day-to-day financial crime prevention efforts.
We also forged a new partnership with the Global Compliance Institute (GCI), expanding our network and resources. Additionally, we welcomed Jade ThirdEye as a new sustaining member, strengthening our community with their expertise.
What’s Ahead in 2024
As we step into 2024, we have an exciting line-up of events and initiatives:
- Annual Conference: Scheduled for spring 2024 in London, it is set to be day filled with high-profile speakers, insightful discussions and excellent networking opportunities.
- Mentorship Scheme: We’re looking to launch our mentorship programme for new MLROs and are currently seeking experienced professionals to become mentors. If you are interested in mentoring the next generation of financial crime fighters, please reach out to express your interest.
- 'How to Spot a Money Launderer': Join us in January for this insightful session. You can register via our website.
- Annual General Meeting & Members Meeting: Set for March, this event is the perfect opportunities to engage with the community and meet members face to face.
- Masterclass on Business-Wide Risk Assessment: Planned for Q2, this in-depth series is intended to equip you with advanced skills and knowledge to build (or enhance) your Financial Crime BWRA.
As we say goodbye to 2023, we want to thank all of our members, friends and supporters for their continued support and engagement. Your participation and contributions are what make The Institute vibrant and impactful. We look forward to an even more dynamic and exciting year in 2024. Let’s continue to work together to shape the future of financial crime prevention.
Wishing you a prosperous and fulfilling New Year,
The Institute Committee