- Long Read - Is London Europe’s ‘Hub’ for Organised Crime?
- The UK lost £1.2 billion to fraud in 2022, with three million scams taking place, according to new data from UK Finance
- Mixed Reaction to the UK Government’s new Fraud Strategy - Nick Kerpe, Zoe Newman, Colum Lyons
- The Financial Conduct Authority sets out steps to improve Whistleblower Confidence
- The UK Fraud Strategy: what it delivers, what it lacks
- Money Laundering In the UK Art Market: Key Risks and AML Rules - Lindsey Cullen
- Failed Derby County bidder Chris Kirchner faces 180 years in prison if guilty of fraud
- Fieldfisher's Data team sets out to debunk five common misconceptions about UK and EU data protection law
- Law enforcement has arrested 60 people, and recovered 11,049 stolen artefacts as part of a major international art trafficking crackdown across 14 European countries -
Comment & Opinion
- Understanding the regulatory impact of the Financial Services and Markets Bill - Suzie Miles
- The EU EU steps up the fight against public and private corruption - Bruno Garcia Da Silva, Gert-Jan Hendrix, Matthias Schelkens, Zoë Deblander
- Regtech in 2023; Views from Conotoxia, EIS Ltd, REGnosys, Kyckr, Rise, created by Barclays and KYC Hub
- The longer arm of the law – Iskander Fernandez on the new failure to prevent offence
- The Gambling Review White Paper – the devil will be in the consultations - David Zeffman et al
- Mitigating money laundering and terrorist financing risk without harming innocent institutions - Sadi Bezit, CAMS
- Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation (OFSI) Licensing: Travel Guidance - Guidance on travel allowance for licence applications (PDF)
- ISO 20022 and the future of payments
- Revolut has lost another senior executive with chief financial officer Mikko Salovaara leaving the fintech giant for "personal reasons". Separately, Wise CEO Kristo Käärmann is set to take a three-month sabbatical.
- US RegTech Market Report 2023: Regulatory Sandbox Approach Supports Regtech Innovations.
AI & Machine Learning
- Securing weak spots in AML: Optimizing Model Evaluation with Automated Machine Learning - Karin Schreiber
- AI in AML can open doors previously closed with useful results in lookbacks -Kenneth Rijock
Cryptocurrency & Digital Assets
- Crypto ATMs the target of continued FCA crackdown
- Exploring The Legal Implications Of Cryptocurrency And Blockchain Technology
- Leaving the ‘Wild West’ behind as we head towards next generation crypto exchanges - Ben Caselin
Estate Agents & Property
- A bank owned by a controversial Tory donor who has links to Prince Andrew has been fined £10m for allegedly plotting to undermine Qatar’s currency
- Key witness in FIFA corruption probe to be sentenced in US.
- US Congressman George Santos charged with fraud, money laundering
Organised Crime and Policing
- Profile of The Scorpion Group (in Spanish: Grupo Escorpión/Los Escorpiones) is an armed wing of the Gulf Cartel, which handles a variety of illegal activities, including drug trafficking, money laundering, and extortion.
- ICC and Europol conclude a new working arrangement to enhance cooperation
- Grain Trail: Tracking Russia's Ghost Ships with Satellite Imagery
- An Isle of Wight woman is among four people who have been convicted for their role in complex fraud and money laundering operation
- A student who laundered thousands of pounds for a major gangland criminal has been jailed for 18 months
- CRAAFT Report Launch: Missing Connections: Crime-Enabled Terrorism Financing in Europe - Friday, May 26, 2023