Come Join The Institute Team!
We're on a mission to make a difference in financial crime prevention, and we need your help to do it. We're looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic volunteer to take on the role of Membership & Events Coordinator. By joining our team, you'll play an important role in ensuring The Institute runs smoothly, efficiently, and continues to grow.
What You'll Do
Organisational & Administrative Support:
- Help manage day-to-day administrative tasks related to running The Institute.
- Maintain our member database, ensuring accurate and up-to-date records.
- Help coordinate online and in-person events, from setup to wrap-up.
- Liaise with event speakers, ensuring smooth communication and scheduling
- Assist with updates and administration of our website.
Engage & Communicate:
- Foster clear and professional communication with members and external stakeholders.
- Spread the word about our initiatives and events through social media channels.
What We're Looking For
The role would suit a wide variety of individuals, based anywhere in the UK, including:
- Recent graduates, particularly in business administration, communications, or event management.
- Professionals who have retired but still want to remain active in a professional community.
- Those in transition between jobs who might be looking for ways to stay active, maintain or build skills, and contribute to a cause they care about.
- Parents who have taken time off work to care for their children and might be looking for ways to maintain or develop their professional skills without committing to a full-time job.
- Individuals passionate about financial crime prevention, even if they doesn't have a direct background in the sector. A strong interest in The Institute’s cause can be a significant motivator!
Anyone looking to network, especially within the financial sectors, may view this as an opportunity to connect with other industry professionals. The most crucial factors will be the your motivation, alignment with The Institute’s goals to serve the financial crime prevention community, your ability to fulfil the responsibilities of the role, as well as:
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Great verbal and written communication abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Well-rounded professionalism.
- Enthusiasm for volunteering in the financial crime prevention space and for making a positive impact.
This position requires a few hours each week, spread over several days. We value your time and commitment and will work with you to ensure flexibility in scheduling.
Why Join The Team?
This is a unique opportunity to use and develop your skills in business, management, event planning, and operations. You'll be part of a passionate team, gain valuable industry insights, and contribute to a cause that matters.
Ready to make an impact? Come join us on this journey and help shape the future of The Institute. Send us a brief introduction about yourself and your CV to [email protected]