What's new on FIN. from Bond Dickinson this week: 11 August 2017
Financial Institutions News
News and updates for our financial institutions and insurance sector clients.
Access FIN. here to read all our updates, and to access the hyperlinks to the source materials we cover.
Our Twitter feed is now live. If you want to see every item on FIN as soon as we load it up, follow us on @FIN_BD.
New for all our readers
FCA's latest policy development update includes a promise of papers on fee rates, FAMR and IDD implementation.
Sam Woods has responded to Nicky Morgan's enquiries on how financial institutions are preparing for Brexit.
New in Data Protection
We have written an article on the statement of intent for the new DP Bill.
New in MiFID 2
FCA has updated its MiFID 2 application guide in respect of applications for ancillary activity exemptions and for general clearing members.
New in Fintech
BIS has published a working paper on the potential impact of Fintech on the finance industry.
EBA has published a discussion paper on its approach to Fintech.
New in payment services
Faster Payments has tested the ability of participants to receive higher value payments than the current limit.
PSR is consulting on changing the direct debit rules on switching facilities management providers.
New in financial crime
The Commission is consulting on the impact of the introduction of a central bank account registry under the plans for MLD5.
Treasury and OFSI have published an updated version of their guidance on financial sanctions and monetary penalties for breach.
New in retail financial services
ASA has told Amex it cannot show again an advert promoting cashback on a card, because the advert did not properly show the limitations of the offer.
The Upper Tribunal has upheld FCA's decision to ban a former CEO of an adviser network.
New for investment firms
PRA is consulting on fees and levies for designated investment firms.
New for banks and lenders
The BoE has commissioned a report from its NEDs on how it operates its conflicts of interest policies.
New for insurers
PRA is consulting on fees and levies for insurers.
Treasury has published a report on the progress of recommendations from the Insurance Fraud Taskforce.
Keep up to date with all our regulatory developments in the financial institution and insurance sectors.
We welcome your thoughts and comments:
Email us at FIN.BD@bonddickinson.com
- What's new on FIN. from Bond Dickinson this week: 11 August 2017
- UK Government Publishes Response on the Legal Framework For Sanctions Post-Brexit
- US PRESIDENT SIGNS IRAN, NORTH KOREA AND RUSSIA SANCTIONS BILL – WITH TWO SIGNING STATEMENTS
- FCA mortgage research: a message for respondents
- Our work on motor finance
- HM Treasury Financial Sanctions Updates: Publication of OFSI's 'Quick Guide to Financial Sanctions'
- What's new on FIN. from Bond Dickinson this week: 29 September 2017
- HSF Corporate Crime Monthly Update - September 2017
- What's new on FIN. from Bond Dickinson this week: 22 September 2017
- HM Treasury’s annual Frozen Assets Review – launched today (4 September 2017)